Thursday 21 July 2016

Virtual and augmented reality

felt a bit overwhelmed in class this evening esp the first bit . We had to create a plan with Gooigle maps, earth or Tourmaker .... Immediately my RTV hat went on. Maps can be one of the hardest things for our students to access. Low contrast and very detailed. I didn't really have a satisfactory solution although google Earth could be enlarged quite a bit.... We shared using google Docs the info and plan we created and that was really good to do as we could all write on the same document..

Went onto Augamented reality and Virtual reality ... Really enjoyed the impact of such. I wonder about whether students with no binocular vision could do but if they can I think it could be a really good way of working doing virtual tours of places... So much fun.

Aurasma, excellent, I might just encrypt some photos for reports with some information the student has spoken.

Leadership: so much reading. I am still a bit confused re things like SAMR and TPACK and how they all fit together. Add in Blooms and all other ways of planning meaningful activities for students.

Hadn't uploaded my problem video and worked with Tracey to share the problems.... Ummm, took a while to get started Tracey couldn't find her video she had uploaded. How many times does that happen in a class esp with our students? So time got wasted. I just read my 21c problem but will aim to get it up on Friuday. That is if I can remember how to do it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment